The 1People1Earth team seeks to inspire good by spreading messages of peace and global positivity by complementing our words with our actions. That is why we donate 10% of our profits directly to organizations that create positive change.
So where exactly does this money go? We’ve told you about Peace First, Seeds of Peace, and Pathways to Peace, three of the four organizations 1P1E has chosen to support in our initial phase of business. Today, we’d like to tell you about the fourth: K.I.D.S. Donations/Fashion Delivers.
- K.I.D.S. stands for “Kids In Distressed Situations” and was founded in 1985.
- Merged with Fashion Delivers in April 2014 so both organizations could better serve families and individuals in need.
- Collects donations to provide a caring response to the difficult circumstances of the poor and disadvantaged.
- Over $1 billion of donated products distributed since 1985.
- Provides new clothes, shoes, home furnishings, toys, books, and more to those in need.
- Merchandise is donated by companies or retailers, and the organization works with local nonprofits to deliver the goods.
- Financial donations are also accepted.
"K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers unites retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to provide people impacted by poverty and tragedy with new merchandise, effectively distributed through a network of agency partners to improve the well-being, self-esteem and dignity of at-risk families and individuals." (Source)
By donating to K.I.D.S. Donations/Fashion Delivers, we at 1People1Earth are acting on our belief that peace is a universal truth, an ideal everyone can strive toward. Small actions can make a big difference when everyone works together. This is about something much bigger than our merchandise; it is about creating a better world for all who inhabit it.